[bksvol-discuss] Question about poetry lines

  • From: "Kathy Hester" <kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 20:23:44 -0500

I am doing a book which has some nursery rhymes and some other verse.  The
prose in the book is written in normal lines--but the "poetry" has a new line
for each line, which, of course, will mean it has a paragraph mark.  This looks
totally reasonable to me--it seems to me that each line should be on a separate
line, but I think I have read  on the list at some time that the paragraph
symbol for each line is objectionable.  I don't really understand why the
paragraph marks are objectionable if it isn't prose, but if they are, what
should I do to make the line divisions apparent?

Thank you.

Kathy

> "The LORD bless you and keep you;
> the LORD make His face shine upon you