[bksvol-discuss] Question about decolumnizing.

  • From: "Paula and James Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bksvol" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:31:12 -0500

    I'm validating a book, in which the index scanned very well. The only
problem is that K1k didn't decolumnize it. There are two columns, separated
by tabs. My husband got the book from the library, and I tried rescanning a
page, making sure Column Recognition was enabled. The same thing happened.

    Does anyone know how I can fix this. I've read in the K1k manual about
Exploring Layout, but I don't really understand how all that works. Should I
try moving the regions, if I can figure all that out? Or is there a way to
replace the Tab characters with something else, and somehow move one column
below the other?

TIA,
Paula