[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about a book I'm scanning

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:30:30 -0400

Dear Julie,

The bookshare automatic header and footer strippers utilize a process by
which the very first and the last line of the page is look at and compared
items that occur in the same spots on other pages.  Header/footers are only
removed if consistent text is found on multiple pages.  If , for instance,
your recipe titles appear on the first line of the page, but do not appear
again on the following page at the same position, the automatic stripper
will not remove it.  If you feel uncomfortable leaving the title on the
first line of the page, however, I would recommend that you leave the first
line blank.  You should have no trouble with the stripper removing the
titles in that case.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have questions.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Managing Director
CUNYAssistive Technology Services