[bksvol-discuss] Question about a book I'm scanning

  • From: "Julie Morales" <inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:19:01 -0700

Hi, all. I'm scanning a 100-page cookbook that came with my crockpot my
husband just bought me. It's scanning quite well, so I'll submit it when I'm
done, but I had a question. The actual headings are a fancy cursive writing,
so of course, Kurzweil is trashing them. I'm getting rid of them, but then,
the recipe titles are set up in a way that the software Bookshare uses might
think they're headings and strip them. I was going to validate a book where
I also had this question, but no one answered, so I didn't validate the
book. I'll ask it again. Not long after I joined this list, there were some
messages going around that gave me the impression that, in order for the
software to distinguish the headings from the rest of the text, there had to
be some kind of uniformity to it...the same text on each page or something.
Am I wrong in this? Are the only things the software looks for are the blank
line between the text and the line in question? Should I get rid of that
blank line between each recipe title to make sure it doesn't get stripped?
Thanks for any insight anyone can give. Take care.
Julie Morales
Email and Windows/MSN Messenger:
inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise. --Unknown
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his
tongue. --Anonymous