[bksvol-discuss] Re: Quandry about Page Numbers

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 20:44:55 -0700

Julie, Monica and Sue S,

Thanks for your thoughts.

I figured out that the problem is bigger than I thought.  Whoever scanned the
book began to scan two pages at once part way through the book, not in two-page
mode but with recognizing columns turned on.  Somehow their method causes two
pages to be scanned at once and then a blank page to appear.  On many of the
pages, I can find the page number for the second page in the scan and insert a
page break.  In some of the pages, I cannot find the page number or any
indication of where the page break should occur.  I believe that I can find and
correct enough of the missing page breaks so that the book will be missing
fewer than ten page breaks.

Still, I am frustrated because getting this book validated will take a lot more
work than I anticipated.  I was on page 160 of the 300 page book before this
problem began.  Since I have put so much work in validating this book I hope I
can complete it with fewer than 10 missing page breaks.

This is only my second validation; luckily I have seen Mike validate many books
with a lot of enjoyment, and that will spur me on.

Again, thanks for your responses.

Cat Lover Lori