[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofing the impossible proof

  • From: "Aaron Cannon" <cannona@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 11:19:33 -0500

Hi Monica.

I believe that, were we to create such a site, we could potentially attract
many more volunteers.  It takes a special kind of someone to agree to proof
an entire book.  It's a lot easier to get someone to commit to a single
page.

Also, the books that come from O'reilly Media are converted from Docbook and
they retain some section information, though page information seems to be
lost.  I'm not sure if that is due to the publisher or Bookshare.

I also wonder if Bookshare mightn't be willing to simply accept well
formatted daisy books from such a project, and bypass the conversion issues
altogether.

Aaron

- --
Skype: cannona