[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofing downloads

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:06:16 -0700

HI Tim,

I actually have no idea.  There are a lot of variables to consider.  Many
books have chapter headings in the middle of pages, so that isn't an
indicator of a problem. And sometimes page numbers just don't scan, and even
occasionally books don't have page numbers in the print book.  Does your
book have page breaks?  If it doesn't that is a very valid reason to reject
a book.

I'd suggest looking for a copy of the book at a local library and see if it
looks like your file looks.  Just make sure that the ISBN in the book you're
proofreading and the book that you check out from the library are the same.

If that's too much trouble, I don't think I'd reject yet.  Releasing seems a
safer option.

Just my opinion.

Mayrie

  _____