[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofing downloads

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:45:09 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with mayrie about releasing the book.  You can put quality as Poor or
Good or fair. As a sighted person who can get most books from the library
WhenI'mlooking for a book to proof (I already have 5 out, though) I look for
the poorer quality ones first to take. When the book I can get is different
from the file  I adjust the file to match the book I'm using to proof, i.

TinyURL.com/752cyrs

>________________________________

consider.  Many books have chapter headings in the middle of pages, so that
isn't an indicator of a problem. And sometimes page numbers just don't scan,
and
even occasionally books don't have page numbers in the print book.  Does
your book have page breaks?  If it doesn't that is a very valid reason to
reject a book.

>I'd suggest looking for a copy of the book at a
local library and see if it looks like your file looks.  Just make sure
that the ISBN in the book you're proofreading and the book that you check out
from the library are the same.

>If that's too much trouble, I don't think I'd reject
yet.  Releasing seems a safer option.