[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofing a scanned book

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 06:32:49 -0700

Tim,

Unless it is poetry, the lines should change if you change the width of the page. If all the lines are the same length as they are in the book, that is a problem. That means there is a line mark or paragraph mark at the end of each of the short lines. If you are proofing this book and are new to proofing, you should probably release the book and take one with less problems (actually, I think you should probably reject the book). If you are scanning and this is occurring, there is some setting in your OCR program that must be changed. But for us to suggest what that change is, we need to know what scanning/OCR software you are using.

Misha

On 6/30/2011 4:50 AM, Tim Syfert wrote:
Hi everyone,

Could Scott or anyone tell me if text should go across the full width of the 8 1/2 page? Some lines do and others are short, just as in the book itself.

Thanks.

Tim