[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofing a scanned book

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 09:18:45 -0700

Hi Bob,

If the short lines are preceded by paragraph marks, they will make for
awkward reading for even discerning users of synthesized speech only for
reading, they will make users of braille displays have truncated lines as
well, and people who can't use visual cues for paragraphings are not the
majority of Bookshare users.  And if a young person is reading a book, if
it's me proofreading the book, I don't want to give the impression that
books are published with paragraphing like that created by scads of
improperly placed paragraph marks.

Just my opinion.

Mayrie

  _____