[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofing Question

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 17:14:50 -0500

OK, I'm sitting here laughing, because I told Larry to contact Lissi or Sandi or Debra! LOL! When I'm proofreading their books (or in the case of Lissi reading a book she proofread that I downloaded from the collection to read for fun), they find this error during their scans or during proofing using a screen reader or braille. For the life of me I don't know how they do it! There are a couple of other completely blind proofreaders whose books never have this problem either when I download them to read once the book is in the collection--Sue Stevens comes to mind. So maybe one of them can chime in and tell us how they do it?

Even with sight, I can only find it by skimming through a book and looking at the start of every paragraph to check it out. I haven't found any other way to do it visually. It's slow, tedious and a pain in the butt.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>

Hmmm, well, I can’t think of a way to find those, but Judy is a Word maven. If there is a way, I’d bet on her knowing it.
Evan