[bksvol-discuss] Preferred OCR software?

  • From: Bill Baggins <mrbaggins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 09:45:25 -0600

Hey all.  New volunteer, here.  At the moment I'm proofing a book, but I do
intend to scan a few soon.  I wondered if people had preferred scanning
software.

I have an account rep from CDW who owes me a favor, and he can get me a
fabulous deal on a scanning program.  I'm aware of Omnipage version 19, and
Finereader version 12.

Do people have a preference between these two?  Should I be looking for
something else?  I should probably mention that I am sighted (my wife is print
disabled.)

Thanks in advance

mr baggins