[bksvol-discuss] Re: Power outage, but back up again

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:12:32 -0800 (PST)

Just as a followup to the power outage this morning, the president of the
company that handles the Bookshare servers wrote a very apologetic letter,
saying that this was the first power outage that they've had in 8 years, that a
combination of factors caused their UPS (Uninterpretable Power Supply) to go
off-line after the main power went off, that they are investigating the cause
and will fix it so this doesn't happen again, and that Bookshare and all of
their other customers will receive a report about it.
Wow! They obviously are taking this extremely seriously (as well as they
should!) and handling it in a very professional manner. So there we have it.
I'm going to be quite surprised if this ever happens again.

Carrie