[bksvol-discuss] Re: Power outage, but back up again

  • From: j barrett <jbarrett5@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:57:00 -0500

i decided to pick the older books on the list to proofread. well i assumed that they were on the list to be proofed because there was no copy allready on the shelves. wow what a lot of waste of time. why can't the available to be checked out be scanned for duplicates?

i got yelled at cuz i did reject a book from 2 years ago that was on the 'checkout' list because i did/can not fix the maps/figures pages cuz i don't have the book, i am not the scanner. i got yelled at that instead of complaining why didn't i fix it? i can't fix it, i'm not the scanner.

getting fed up over it all.

i don't get the answers i need and just ready to throw the towel in. had over $120 worth of credits and i can't even download a book to read that i'd want to read.

LOL

At 01:51 PM 2/10/2009 -0500, you wrote:
Hi all,

Carrie, did my book get rejected? I hope so. If you want further detail on why I rejected The Scions of Shanara, you can write me privately. <sigh> Whomever the scanner is, he or she hasn't got the sense God gave a flea. The first proofreader should have rejected it out of hand. Dunnow what the world's comin' to.

Anybody got a simple, no frills book I can proofread, something that isn't going to take too much concentration?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring