[bksvol-discuss] Part 2 of Validation Quandry

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 21:31:38 -0400

Hi, everyone. I am feeling kind frustrated as I write this, so please keep that in mind if it comes out as harsh. A couple of days ago I wrote here about rejecting a book called Broken trust : greed, mismanagement & political manipulation at America's largest charitable trust because of junk characters in the book and literally hundreds of Hawaiian words with apostrophes in odd places that I couldn't resolve. I mentioned this in the comments field when I did the rejection. It has been kicked back to step 1 with the comment that these characters are only chapter headings and that they can be easily fixed from reading the table of contents. I don't understand this because I read the first 3 chapters of the book along with doing a rank spelling on the book. When I did a rank spelling on this book, I found over 1600 unique errors. I am leaving this book on step 1 and am not going to continue working on it. I'm frustrated because I know this is the kind of book that gets taken, partially read, released, and back to step 1 again. If someone is interested in the topic of this book and is willing to put in a good amount of time, this can be salvaged. I guess what I'm frustrated by most is that Brian's book is going back into limbo without him knowing why or that cleaning up his scan and resubmitting would get the book approved more quickly. If you've read this far, thanks for reading and for letting me blow off some steam. I know that no one here can really solve this and that I just need to forget about it.

"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today!" Will Rogers
Monica Willyard, rhyami@xxxxxxxxx
Add rhyami to your Skype if you'd like to chat.