[bksvol-discuss] Re: Open Book manual

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 09:26:44 -0500

I noticed that one, and even as an Openbook 6 user, I didn't see the point in it. It would seem like a waste of your time to validate something that is readily available in a number of different ways, and formats, elsewhere. My vote is to ditch it. I guess if you do you'll have to select other as the reason and explain.

Dave

At 08:31 AM 12/6/2007, you wrote:
Hi all,

I took a look at the step 1 stuff yesterday and downloaded The Open Book manual because it is in ARK format. As per Monica's request, I took a look at this manual, and I find that it is for OB6. My question is this. Does Bookshare really want this manual in its archive at this late date since OB has been up to version 7.0 for over a year now and it is going to 8.0 by the beginning of January? If you all think it's worth spending time on, I will, but dunnow if it is. Besides, a better copy of the manual can be had simply by going to the help menu in OB or by downloading it from FS. This seems an exercise in futility, but I will do it if The Powers That Be tell me I should.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring