[bksvol-discuss] Re: One last AC comment

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:56:03 -0500

Hi all,

Since most of us are BARD members, why not use their designation? "Contains strong language, violence and explicit descriptions of sex." You can modify this to suit any book, e.g. "Contains strong language.", or "Contains strong language and explicit descriptions of sex.", or "Contains explicit descriptions ...". Me, I'm for using what works. NLS has been using these words for the past fifty years, and it seems to be working. It pretty well covers the water front if used properly. If it works, don't fix it, right? Now NLS may have something to say about Bookshare's using their words, you may want to ask Karen Keninger's permission or whatever, but I can't see a problem. Just say, these are the words that should be used and none other. Fixed, done, fini, solved, boom!

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring