[bksvol-discuss] Odd phrase in book-- was Re: Proofreading Software

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:27:46 -0700

Basketball could be it. They were talking about when they were much younger. Or Roger could be right, tha writer could have made it up.

I really intended to change the subject when I sent the first message, really I did.

Misha

Valerie Maples wrote:
I have only heard it in terms of basketball and  three point shots.  Not sure
how that fits into police stories, though, unless it is in their off time...

Valerie

On Mar 23, 2010, at 10:28 PM, Mike wrote:

Does anyone know what "rackin' threes" means?  It is probably police jargon if
that helps any.  The book I am proofing has it.  Part way through the book, many words
that begin with the letter r have the space before them and the r removed.  So I thought
it was probably one of these errors, but wasn't sure.  To see if it was a real phrase
(and what it might mean), I put it into google with quotes around it.  The single item
returned (and I don't know if I've ever gotten only a single item returned from google
before) was the line from the book on books.google.com

So, I know the phrase is in the book as I thought, but I still haven't a clue
what it means.

Misha