[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT:Geniuses with psychiatric conditions

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:50:12 -0400

Also add

Winston Churchill, who had bipolar.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Alumni Association Board
www.guidedogs.com

Dog ownership is like a rainbow.
 Puppies are the joy at one end.
 Old dogs are the treasure at the other.
Carolyn Alexander

----- Original Message -----
From: "Monica Willyard" <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:00 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: OT:Geniuses with psychiatric conditions

Here's part of my list of famous people who are dealing with mental illness.

>Ted Turner, the founder of TBS and Cnn, has severe bipolar
>depression and receives shock treatments.
Mike Wallace, from the show 60 Minutes, has battled depression for
most of his life.
Kathy Chronkite, author and daughter of TV news anchor Walter
Chronkite, has depression as well.
Patty Duke has bipolar depression and wrote a book about it called A
Brilliant Madness. I think I got that title right.
Marie Osmond has dealt with a bout of major depression and still
receives treatment for it.
Charley Pride, award-winning country music star, also grapples with
depression.

Monica Willyard