[bksvol-discuss] OT:? recommending detective novels

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 01:02:42 -0800 (PST)

For those of you who like a well-written detective
novel, I heartily recommend those by Henning Mankell,
a Swedish author whose books have recently been
translated into English--and very well done.

The protaganist is Kurt Wallender, a Swedish homicide
detective. So far I have read two and am now on my
third.  Kurt is human, with personal problems, as well
as being a good detective, and some of the books take
him away from Sweden--in one case to Latvia, and in
this book, apparently, to South Africa.

We have no Mankell books in the collection, but they
would be good editions for people who like a good
detective story--though sometimes brutal.