[bksvol-discuss] Re: Remembering Last Year

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 04:08:39 -0500

Hey Carrie!  ricking the stripper would require secrecy!  I feel like I am
living in one of my spy thriller novels where SOMWONE or SOMETHING manages
to find out what is going on..  Is that what spware means??  <ROFL>

Sue S.

    From: "Marissa Mika" <Marissa.M@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 07:53:51 -0800
    Hi Guys,

    So operations has decided that the download list is just much too long.
    Beginning on Monday, April 4th, book submissions waiting to be validated
for
    more than two weeks will be automatically processed by a validating tool
and
    either accepted or rejected for the collection. Because of our successes
with
    the stripper and other automating processes, we're pretty much convinced
that
    computer judgement is just as good as human judgement.

    Obviously you might ask, where does this put the volunteers? Well, not
too much
    will change, other than the fact that if you see a title on the download
page
    that you like, you should snatch it up immediately. Who knows? The
validation
    tool, whom we've named "Thor," might zap it up the next day.

    Anyway, we figured that this would be much more convenient for everyone
    involved, especially me, so I don't have to listen to complaints as to
how long
    the download list is from day to day.

    And on that note, we've also decided to terminate the volunteer list,
starting
    Monday, April 4th. The idea behind this is that the Bookshare.org Ops
team
    needs to rule with an iron fist, and voices of dissent and critique
don't have
    a place in this fuzzy nonprofit.

    Oh, and I'll be out of the office for most of the day, getting more
books to
    flood the step one page. So I'll get back to you by Monday.

    I realize all of this is a lot to process. Happy April First. I can't
believe
    another month has passed.

    Best,
    Marissa

----
New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save
big.