[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT in subject line

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:25:53 EDT

Personally, if I have a message in front of me for which I have a reply I
usually just go ahead and reply without giving much thought to whether it
might be off topic or not. I am not denying that I am being remiss in doing it
that way; I just don't think about it. If I find a message in my email that
has O T  in the subject line it makes little difference to me because I feel
compelled to read a message that is in front of me unless it is obvious
spam. I might be making life a bit more difficult for myself that way, but that
is the way I do it.

                                                                  "If you
tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine."
Che Guevara

                 The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
Pathfinder Press: http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT in subject line
Date:
7/16/2009 2:10:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

When I see off topic messages without an OT in the subject line, I wonder
if the poster is thumbing his/her nose at other list members, saying: "I know
this message is off topic, but I'm not going to bother indicating that, so
that people who do not want to read subject matter not directly related to
what
the list is about have to start reading my messages before they find out
that they are off topic."

OT is used for the convenience of list members so they can skip messages.
It has nothing to do with dissing list owners. I've never heard that
mentioned
before today as a reason why people use OT to indicate off topic messages.

Evan

block quote