[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: email client Linuxer vs Unix-er was email clients, was Re: using enter key in email messages

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 23:41:25 -0500

After we beat it up enough, we cobbled a way so it sort of kind of works with Dragon, but my husband did a lot of customization (in a past life he was a software developer). But I don't know if it would work with JAWS or any of the other software for blind users.

Judy s.
Soronel Haetir wrote:
You have found a putty build that works okay with TTS?  I've tried a
couple but both were pretty poor.

I use cygwin ssh, but due to being in a windows console the scrollback
capability is extremely poor.

On 9/5/09, Judy s. <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ann,

Actually, I'm a UNIX-er.  Grin.  I access Pine on a remote UNIX
server using Putty to go into a UNIX shell.  I'd love to have
Pine on a linux-based PC, though.  smile.

Judy s.

Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi Judy and all,

Sounds like you're a linuxer. that's super.  I use Linux to get some of
my email.  These lists are on my SAMObile account, so it's windows but
it's web mail.

I have heard that Thunderbird is accessible, but I have not tried it.

Ann P.