[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT, Fallen

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 17:54:12 -0700

That is great as well. I have great news relative to meeting someone.
My favorite trumpeter Chris Botti has a July 15 concert at the San
Francisco Davy's Symphony Hall and I was invited long time ago if you
all or some of you recall last year but told my reasoning as to why I
couldn't make it, and so now I have two free tickets for my dad and I
to see him in concert, guess I should bring a cd to have him
autograph, get a chance take it. Funny thing is that he invited me
last year and when I told him I couldn't go, he said and his booking
manager Archie Castillo said, next time then, well I'm counting down
now, grin! Even know several of his songs: One For My Baby, When I
Fall In Love, What'll I Do, Embraceable You, most recently Drive Time,
the tune that got me started in liking smooth jazz, Indian Summer
Would love to learn No Ordinary Love and My One And Only Love and
Italia.

On 7/1/11, Denise Thompson <deniset@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I had the pleasure of meeting Karin Slaughter Last Wednesday evening
> at the Poisoned Pen book store in Scottsdale AZ promoting her latest
> book Fallen which is already available on Bookshare. She spoke for a
> while then signed books. I had to by a print copy so I'd have
> something for her to sign. I've developed into quite a fan of hers,
> though her descriptions of violence are more than I generally like.
> Her characters are so compelling that I find myself waiting for her
> next book. I wasn't disappointed. Fallen is very good.
> Tess Gerridson is coming in a couple of weeks. I want to get there to
> meet her as well. I really like her Rizolli and Iles series. I'd
> never had the opportunity to meet an author before. It was a lot of fun.
> Denise

"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you
forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated,
but when you get the two of them together in a way people can relate to,
then I think you're on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in
the purity of the sound, the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of
the performances."-Trumpeter Chris Botti
--
Chela Robles
E-Mail/GoogleTalk/AIM/Twitter/MySpace/LinkedIn: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx