[bksvol-discuss] OT: Cindy's Shoulder And Scanning

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 16:29:26 -0400

Cindy, when you so graciously helped me replace missing pages in Death Of A Glutton, you mentioned your shoulder. :) I remembered that because I have shoulder trouble too from a car accident I was in. I have several torn ligaments in my neck and back and have developed spinal arthritis around the site of the injury. I could relate to doing scanning in short bursts, and I remembered thinking that it was especially nice of you to help with the pages I needed. I've been on this list since last January, though sometimes it seems like it must be longer than that because I've learned so much from so many people here. I bought a cloth bag with a water-proof interior for holding ice and water. It's an ice pack, but it's not a traditional one. You unscrew the lid, fill it with ice cubes and some cold water, put the lid back on, and you have a flexible and comfortable ice pack that will conform to your shoulder area. It's especially nice since I don't have to worry about keeping it chilled. I can just use it when I need it. My daughter swipes it sometimes to use on her knees after basketball practice. When I use my ice pack, I can scan better because the cold keeps that area from becoming inflamed. In case this would help you too, I got it from a company called Dr. Leonard's. I think their address is www.drleonard.com . Or it maybe me drleonards.com It cost me something like $5.95, and it's been worth several times that much. I alternate it with using a heating pad throughout the day if I'm having a painful day in general.

Monica Willyard

On Saturday 10/14/2006 04:57 AM, you wrote:
I've ordered the book from my library.

How do you know about my shoulder problems? I didn't
realize you'd been here so long.smile

I'll just put Capzaisin HP or something on my
shoulders and take tylenol, and stop for a while, and
then continue. My arthritic pains are nothing compared
to blindness and deafness and other physical pains and
debilitating conditions so many of you have.