[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Celsius/Fahrenheit Conversion

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 00:08:53 -0800 (PST)

Argh!  "In my youth" (Father William said to his son)
I used to be good in math, but now my brain has grown
lazy from my using the calculator so much. But
o.k.--first I'll concentrate on remembering that 212
is the boiling point in Farenheit. Then I'll try to
remember the rest.

I knew 32 was freezing, but I don't think I learned
about 212. Unfortunately, I never took chemistry --
I'm sorry now--and learning the metric system came
along as a requirement  when my children were in
school--long after I was. I refer to the dictionary.
smile.

Cindy