[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Can Braille be faster than QWERTY? App developer thinks so

  • From: "Ixchel, Jackie (M.E)" <starsandhearts2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 06:52:29 -0500

That's really interesting. On my braille note I type really slow but
on the computer I type faster. I have never used a tuch screen a lot
but when I did with my friends iPad it was hard. I really think this
could help in some ways but it would have to be tested more. Also, the
fact that it has to be cut and pasted might be a lot of hastle and
take more time. I'd like to see where this goes.
Jackie

On 2/21/12, Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From one of my tech lists:
>
> Iinteresting article on an app for typing in Braille:
> http://tinyurl.com/7txu7ns
>
> Can Braille be faster than QWERTY? App developer thinks so
>
> If Mario Romero has his way, we'll all be learning Braille soon.
>
> The post-doc researcher at Georgia Institute of Technology has co-developed
> an app, called BrailleTouch, that could help blind people send text messages
> and type e-mails on touch-screen smartphones without the need for expensive,
> extra equipment. ...
> I'd love to hear thoughts on this...
> Valerie

Currently Reading: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan