[bksvol-discuss] OOPS re-posting Carrie's official message about protecting chapter headings from stripper

  • From: "liz halperin" <lizzersagain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:35:25 -0800

Now I see Carrie's post within E's. Don't know why she called it a machine.
And there is a setting in Kurzweil software where you can toggle on or of to
delete blank pages. We have to remember to NOT delete them via scanning
process, then choose which to delete in the proofreading before sending to
the validation step.
        Someone said she/he nailed that top line in by adding the header,
eeks: meanwhile the rest of us are stripping the headers and just  leaving
pagination. What a mess!

I'm counting on the *real* culprit, the STRIPPING PROCESS at Bookshare to
get fixed. The engineers are supposedly *still* hard at work on it. Yah,
right, after 5 years of hearing that, I don't have my fingers crossed. So
we're playing all these work around games instead....

Liz, cynical in Portland

Liz Halperin
Portland, OR
lizzersagain@xxxxxxxxxxx