[bksvol-discuss] OCR Software

  • From: "Mary Anne Lynskey" <yeksnyl1953am@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 22:07:12 -0400

Hi everybody.  I've been using Omnipage but wanted to try another program
because occasionally Omnipge will crash and I will lose my scan.  However,
Omnipage has a very excellent OCR engine and I have very few if any scanning
errors.

I've heard some talk about Vinereader.  I tried the demmo.  It has some nice
features but I was sorely disappointed by its poor OCR.  It was far below
Omnipage in that regard.  Can anyone comment on experiences with Finereader
or am I just setting up something incorrectly?  So far I haven't seen
anything that comes anywhere close to Omnipage in terms of its OCR accuracy.

--
Mary Anne Lynskey