[bksvol-discuss] Next Meeting of the Science Fiction Club, Thursday, December 12, 2013

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "SF list" <scifi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 18:39:43 -0500

Hello Folks,

We had a very good turnout at our most recent meeting, with two new members
coming for the first time! Most of us liked our book, Across the Universe by
Beth Revis, although those who read the two sequels thought that the story
improved beyond the first book. For our next book, we'll be reading Ship of
Fools by Richard Paul Russo.

The next meeting of the Science Fiction club will be on Thursday, December 12,
2013.

Time: 9 PM Eastern, 8 PM Central, 7 PM Mountain, 6 PM Pacific, and 02:00 UTC.

Place, Book Nook at:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

Our book, Ship of Fools by Richard Paul Russo, is available as a digital
download from BARD at:

http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.nls/db.51885

Here is the NLS annotation:
The spaceship Argonos has been wandering
aimlessly in space for decades and has not made landfall in
fourteen years. The crew is growing restless. Then a faint
signal lures them to an unknown planet where they make a
gruesome discovery.

Hope to see another good showing at our next meeting to talk about this one.

Evan