[bksvol-discuss] New Volunteer Project

  • From: Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 17:41:42 +0000

Hi everyone,

We have a new volunteer opportunity for anyone who's interested. You will be
eligible to earn $2.50 in credits once the task is successfully completed.
Please find the description below and email me directly
(madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>) if you are interested
or if you have any questions:

Bookshare is looking for a volunteer transcriber.  We have some great video
content that we want to make available on our website as well as on channels
like YouTube.  To make them fully accessible, we need help transcribing the
video for captioning.  The volunteer must be able to listen to the webinar and
type the dialogue word-by-word with 100% accuracy.  The volunteer will need
access to the Internet and a word processor like Microsoft Word, or another
application where he or she can record text.  Currently, Bookshare has a one
minute user testimonial video that needs transcribing. We may need help with
other videos in the future as well. This project can be done by sighted or
blind volunteers so long as that person can hear and accurately transcribe.

Thanks,

Madeleine Linares
Volunteer Coordinator
Bookshare, a Benetech Initiative