[bksvol-discuss] New Submission

  • From: Barbara <barbarab65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Book Share <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 02:04:10 -0700 (PDT)

I just submitted the book, One Dark and Scary Night, by Bill Cosby. This book
is a children's book for beginning readers. It has approximately 35 short pages
including text and illustrations. I prevalidated the book and I believe that I
corrected all of the scanning errors. This book should be an easy and quick
validation for a person who enjoys reading the books in the Little Bill series.

  The long synopsis is taken from Dr. Alvin Poussaint's, explanation to parents:

  "A child's imagination, usually a source of delight, can also be a source of
torment. Little Bill's trouble materializes one night when he's in bed. In his
dark room, ordinary night sounds and shadows suddenly seem menacing. He grows
convinced that something's lurking in his closet, waiting to get him. And he
runs, screaming, into his parents' room.

  His mother brings him back to his own bed and assures him that there's
nothing in his closet. Little Bill knows she's right. But fact is no match for
imagination, and he runs again, this time to his great-grandmother. She too
returns him to his own bed. But she knows that a child can require something
more powerful than logic to fight off an imaginary fear, especially at night.
So before she leaves him alone in his room, Alice the Great shows Little Bill a
magical way of fixing his covers to keep himself safe."

Barbara