[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need help with a french word?

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:15:57 -0500

Did I remember correctly that you are using window-eyes as your screen
reader?  There is a trick for making some characters with jaws, but if one
exists for window-eyes I don't know it.
Here is something that might help anyone who needs to make characters with
accent marks as well as some other stuff.  Sorry em-dashes aren't ASCII
characters at all, but are ANSI, and therefore can not be made in the same
way.  The web address below is a list of ASCII characters and the directions
and number you need to type to create them.  You can also just copy the
character yu need from the list once you locate the desired character.

http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/ascii.txt

If it's sloppy or anything else is wrong with the list you can blame me,
since i created it for my own use. :-)

I'm leaving the list right after I send this message, so bye to everyone for
the next 2 weeks.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity