[bksvol-discuss] Re: Mystery Bookshare Freelist

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 20:27:06 -0400

I was unaware of that one myself, but there are many lists established for technical support that are created independently by users and have nothing to do with those who actually provide whatever is being supported. I think the major one that I am currently subscribed to is the BARD Talk list. It was created by users of BARD for users of BARD and it does supply technical support in the form of users helping one another. There is at least one NLS employee who subscribes and I think another one who used to subscribe. They do so on their own time and are not sanctioned by the NLS, but the one who is currently a long-time subscriber has been quite helpful by his technical knowledge and his knowledge of how BARD works from the inside. Another such list is the VR Stream users group. I am not even sure that Humanware is aware of that one, but various users of the Stream do collaborate on helping one another with their technical issues. I would suspect that this mystery Bookshare group is something similar, or at least an attempt to start something similar.

On 5/3/2012 6:37 PM, Cindy wrote:
hanks for the warning, Madeleine

It maybe somebody oh a phishing expedition
Cindy
Join us in celebrating our 10^th Anniversary! <http://blog.bookshare.org/2012/03/11/join-bookshares-worldwide-10th-anniversary-celebration/>
<http://blog.bookshare.org/2012/03/11/join-bookshares-worldwide-10th-anniversary-celebration/>

    TinyURL.com/752cyrs