[bksvol-discuss] Re: To Mary and everyone

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 19:49:15 -0400

Oh horray, Reggie!!!  Glad to have you here with us!
Marty

-----Original Message----- From: Regina Alvarado
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 4:45 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: To Mary and everyone

Thank you everyone for the kind words.  After thinking it over and talking
to some friends, I have decided to continue volunteering.  I have just been
at this way too long and enjoyed it way too much.

Mary had some very good thoughts for me.  This is what I am going to do.  I
am only going to take out one book at a time.  This first time, however, I
would like to see if I can get 2 back, including Poseidon as I am nearly
through with it and a small book about mountain lions if it is there.  I had
it finished and was putting it back in RTF (must change to doc. For the
BrailleNote) and making certain it was ready.  After that I will only take
one book, and Mary suggested I ask here if someone has a hold that has been
on the down load list for a long time that I would like to proof to ask here
if the person would like my help, and I will do this.  She also suggested I
put some of the kinds of books I like to proof.  Perhaps a submitter here
would be willing to team up with me on the books I enjoy.  Below is my list.

Animal books.
History.
Politics.
Biology and science
Mysteries and crime (including nonfiction).
Medical themes.
Children's books, older children and teens especially.
Biographies, especially about presidents and other political persons.
Romance.

For now that is good.  Now I will go on BKS and download the 2 books which
should be up over the weekend, or at least to the acceptance stage.  Thanks
everyone.  I truly was angry and very hurt, but sometimes people write
things and it is just misunderstood or misinterpreted.  Perhaps this is what
I did.  However, BKS is just too important to me to walk off.  Glad to be
back!
Reggie