[bksvol-discuss] More page and page break questions

  • From: "Caitlyn and Nicky" <lavendar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:15:12 -0400

Ok, this is probably a pretty simple thing, but I'm wondering how we're
supposed to know how many page breaks, etc, a given book should have..  If
we're lucky, the submitter actually tells us how many pages the book should
have(thanks, Shelly R.)!, but otherwise, how do we know?

I just validate, or tried to validate, the hiking merit badge booklet, and
it honestly looked fine to me, but I just got a message from bookshare
support saying that it had 210 page breaks and about a hundred and something
soft page breaks.  The book had 79 pages.  I use both K1000 and Word(office
xp version) for validating..  I want this to not be a problem in the future,
so what do I do from now on?

Thanks,
Caitlyn