[bksvol-discuss] Re: More books lingering on download list

  • From: "Caitlyn and Nicky" <lavendar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 18:13:17 -0400

Is there a place where we can enter comments if we take a book for
validation, then kick it back for someone else, perhaps, because of stuff
like sidebars, etc?

I worked on the book Harem for two weeks, cleaned up the scanning, got rid
of a bunch of scanner garbage, but it didn't get accepted because it has
three hundred and something pages when it's only "supposed" to have 187
pages.  I couldn't figure out where the "real" page breaks were supposed to
be, so I submitted it for publication after I validated it.  It's totally
readable other then the page thing.  The blank pages I found were numbered,
leading me to leave them intact, as the volunteer manual says to, to keep
page numbering intact.  I looked at a couple other books today and one had a
semi intact title page.. I wonder if things sitting on the step one list are
like this a lot-validaters find problems and just release it back hoping
someone else can/will fix them?  If we had a coment box when we release a
book, it would help the next validater.  Or am I missing something?

Caitlyn