[bksvol-discuss] Re: Making Scans Better For Braille Users

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 08:05:49 -0500

A good spell checker will catch these.  They do bother our subscribing users.

E.
At 11:01 PM 11/2/2006, you wrote:
one I have noticed and as i am a slow braille reader I don't usually fix
them unless they are obvious is splits in words.

like
child ren, pas sionate, de fin ite.

smile, I know it is a particular scanning engine that does it, but that same
endine seems to handle fractions and numbers much better than the other one
so I keep using it.

I usually load a book I am prevalidating on my Braillenote and then use the
voice to read it but have my fingures on the braille display so if I catch
anything I can quickly explore it and figure out what is going on and how to
fix it.

smile.  That is what I have noticed so far this year anyway.

I will say, that Scan soft, beyond its qwerk of putting spaces in words, is
much better at the OCR than is Fine Reader.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.