[bksvol-discuss] Re: Lord Krishna's Cuisine The Art of Indian Vegetarian Cooking

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:00:34 -0800 (PST)

One good thing about the Lord Krishna cookbook is that
the pages were pretty plain. Some had very simple
drawings on them (but did not really mean anything to
the recipe so I did not bother with them) but I just
manually drew text zones on the pages and left the
simple drawings out.

One would be like someone chopping something on a
chopping board.

I was surprised at the fractions that Omnipage didn't
catch that were wrong. It caught a lot of them that
were wrong that I was able to fix as it went through
the OCR process, but there were at least one per page
that were wrong.

Plus the other good thing about it is that it has the
metric conversion for each ingredient so if in doubt,
a person could convert. None of the metrics were
fractions. They were all like 2 milliliters (for 1/2
teaspoon) or 60 milliliters (which I think was 1/4
cup, not sure).

That book is going back to the library today! It takes
up half the space in my library bag.

Jamie in Michigan