[bksvol-discuss] Re: List of Possible Scans (Part 1)

  • From: "Bobbie Hughes" <hughebo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:27:35 -0400 (EDT)

> Mohammed by Karen Armstrong is also on bookshare.
> At 10:13 PM 7/11/2006, you wrote:
>
>>Hey crew,
>>The battle of Bobbie vs. the books has begun and I've made it through a
>>couple of boxes.  Here's a list of some of the books that are occupying
>>too much space in my little room.  I'm willing to scan any or all of
>> them,
>>but would like to do it in some sort of order.  So... if anyone is up for
>>validating any of these, just let me know.  My apologies for the long
>>list; just think of how much space the actual books take up.
>>
>>Note: The numbers aren't important; they're just for my organizational
>>purposes.  There may be some books on the list that are not eligible for
>>bookshare or that are already there; I'm getting tired of looking. Also,
>>if you don't want to read this now, the list is at
>>http://menorcachica.livejournal.com/119876.html#cutid1
>>
>>1-Teoría Torcida: Prejuicios y Discursos Entorno a la
>>Homosexualidad-Ricardo Llamas
>>2-Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea-Sebastian Junger
>>3-The Jury-Steve Martini
>>4-Man's Search For meaning: An Introduction to Logotherapy-Victor Frankl
>>5-The Graveyard Shift-Jack Higgins
>>6-Sole Survivor-Dean Koontz
>>7-On A Move: The Story of Mumia Abu-Jamal-Terry Bisson
>>8-Kiss-Ed McBain
>>9-Harmful Intent-Robin Cook
>>10-Five Classic Murder Mysteries-Agatha Christie
>>11-A Darkness More Than Night: A Novel-Michael Connelly
>>12-Five Complete Hercule Poirot Novels-Agatha Christie
>>13-Into The Same River Twice-Francis M. Nevins
>>14-Open Secrets: A True Story of Love, Jealousy and Murder-Carlton
>> Stowers
>>15-Five Complete Miss Marple Novels-Agatha Christie
>>16-Night-Elie Wiesel
>>17-Death Be Not Proud-John Gunther
>>18-The Tempest-William Shakespeare
>>19-Geoffrey Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales-Trans. David Wright
>>20-The Language of Argument, Seventh Edition-Daniel McDonald
>>21-Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl-Harriet Jacobs
>>22-Muhammad: A Biography of the Prophet-Karen Armstrong
>>23-The Norton Anthology of English Literature-M. H. Abrams, General
>> Editor
>>24-Cholas and Pishtacos: Stories of Race and Sex in the Andes-Mary
>> Weismantel
>>25-The Souls of Black Folk-W. E. B. DuBois
>>26-A History of the Arab Peoples-Albert Hourani
>>27-Endgame-Samuel Beckett
>>28-Master Herald and the Boys-Atole Fugard
>>29-The Arabian Nights II: Sindbad and Other Popular Stories-Husain
>> Haddawy
>>30-Paradise Lost-John Milton
>>31-Paul Among Jews and Gentiles, And Other Essays-Krister Stendahl
>>32-The Conjure Woman-Charles W. Chesnutt
>>33-Hurricane: The Miraculous Journey of Rubin Carter-James S. Hirsch
>>34-Introducing Translation Studies-Jeremey Munday
>>35-Y No Se Lo Tragó La Tierra/And the Earth Did Not Devour Him-Tomás
> [...]
Hi Cindy, Carrie, Elizabeth... and all,
Thanks for the info.  Sorry I didn't spend much time going through the
list; by the time I got it all together, I was so sick of looking at it
that I just wanted to get it sent out.  I'll spend more time with it soon
and delete the already-scanned books from the list in my journal.
Thanks again!
Bobbie