[bksvol-discuss] Re: K1000, rtf, and images

  • From: "Kaitlyn" <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 13:21:12 -0700

HI Cindy,

As you know RTF is rich text format and is a common file type.

When scanning in K1000 we have the option to keep images or not. This means
that when a page is scanned an image of that page is created. This image is
sent to the OCR software to be recognized. Once it is recognized then it is
put into a page in the document you are scanning to.

1. When you have the images in the K1000 file you can try the different OCR
programs to see which will give you the better recognition. I have found at
times that re-recognizing a page with another OCR program will give me more
information. Another example of where this might come in handy is when a
submitter has scanned a book, say with K1000 V8, and the validater has V10
they very well may get a better recognition of the scanned image.

With K1000 without images and Rtf you don't have the above luxury but you
have a much smaller file size.

For example with Divine Guidance I cleaned up a couple of pages by
re-recognizing the image which was included in the file. IT is my personal
preference to save images. They take up a bit more room but the images let
you recover a deleted line or lines on a page.

Clear as mud???

Katie Hill
No one is given a dream without also being given the power to make it come
true