[bksvol-discuss] Re: K1000, rtf, and images

  • From: Monica <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 23:10:37 -0400

Cindy, pictures from books are not retained in the final versions of our files. You get text and maybe some formatting like bold and fonts. There are no illustrations, drawings, or anything else like that in our files because we can't see them and because most of us couldn't validate the accuracy of scanned pictures. :) I would imagine that people who can see but who have a print disability use the daisy files since brf files are for devices that display Braille. What gets confusing is that Elizabeth and others talk about kes files with images. That means that she retains the original scan of each page in the file along with the text. When books are converted to rtf for admin approval, there are no images left. I hope this makes sense and answers your question.

Monica
Visit my blog at: http://plumlipstick.livejournal.com