[bksvol-discuss] Re: Just submitted - The Bluegrass Guitar Style of Charles Sawtelle

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:26:42 -0600

Thanks, Lissi.
I appreciate knowing there are some bluegrass fans among our volunteers and
readers at bookshare.  I have previously done several books in the genre.
Spans from a long time interest and first-hand proximity due to the
privelege of hosting a bg show show on radio since 1987.

Other Books on Bookshare that I've done...

True Adventures With King of Bluegrass Jimmy Martin by Tom Piazza.
  Same author of the Classic Jazz guide I just finally got done and
submitted this week.

The Bluegrass Reader. A compilation of articles and pieces edited by Thomas
A. Goldsmith.

And a recent book by banjo player by former Blue Grass Boy Bob Black about
his days with Bill Monroe.  Entitled Come Hither to Go Yonder.

I'm just a sucker for many styles of music, but my grass gets blue pretty
regular.

Sometime I will finish scanning a big book I just bought that is now out of
print, called America's Music: Bluegrass by Barry R. Willis.  Some call it
the bible of bluegrass for its far reaches into the people and history of
the music.  It will be awhile on that.  I actually had to get innovative.
The margins are so small and the book so thick on the paper back I had
Kinko's chop off the binding and they spiral bound the book in 2 volumes for
me.  But even so it is a slow go.

Rik