[bksvol-discuss] Just Rejected

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:02:10 -0400

Hi. I just rejected Till The Butchers Cut Him Down by Marcia Muller. It had some missing pages and had 4 pages of random characters. The book is interesting, so I would have been willing to work through the scannos. However, the missing and garbled pages on top of the scannos throughout the book helped me come to the decision to reject the book. If the person who scanned the book is on this list, I have put some comments in the rejection form that may help you when scanning other books. I don't want to embarass you publicly or to criticize you. I just don't know how to get in touch with you privately. The kinds of scannos I saw in this book are preventable, and I'd like to help you with that if you are interested. You can email me at rhyami@xxxxxxxxx if you'd like some one on one help. I got my first book rejected for some of the same reasons, and people from this list were kind enough to help me.

Monica Willyard