[bksvol-discuss] Re: Jiffy-proofer, Part II

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 16:59:22 -0400

Hi all,

Well, there is a good reason why this list is sometimes chatty. Part of its purpose is to act as a vehicle for socializing. A group which is engaged in a common task needs to socialize in order to become a more coherent group. People need to get to know each other. The Saturday night chats help, but it is by reading this list, hearing what others are doing that cements the group together. Lone volunteers are fine, but they need a way to socialize. We can't have a face-to-face pot luck dinner, so we need to find other ways to encourage communication. Not sure what that might be, but something.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring