[bksvol-discuss] Re: Jaws 12, page breaks and section Breaks revisited

  • From: Larry Lumpkin <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:01:11 -0600

reggie, here's how to get a page break to speak in jaws assuming you are using
word as your editing tool

1.  bring up word
2.  press insert d which should bring up the jaws word dictionary file.
3.  go to 'add'
4.  in the 'word" field, put \012 (backslash)
5.  in the replacement field put 'page break" or whatever you'd like jaws to
say.

be sure and save it.  You may want to turn off speaking of page and section
breaks in jaws for word.