[bksvol-discuss] Re: Incorrect rateing

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:44:36 -0800 (PST)

As far as I know, it does mean carbon copy, even
though obviously e-mails don't use carbons. Do those
of you who are young even know what carbons are?
smile. BCC means Blind carbon copy. The person who
wants mail sent that way doesn't want others to know
his or her e-mail address. I have a cousin who wants
me to  BCC  her when sending messages to a group of
people. Actually, the same effect -- as CCing
someone--can be achieved by putting their address in
the To section with a comma between the first and
second person's address, as some of us do when we send
messages to both bookshare-discuss and bksv-discuss.

Cindy

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250