[bksvol-discuss] Re: I'm trying to understand Smart Quotes

  • From: "Kerri Kosten" <wvusuperfan22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 01:33:13 -0400

Hey Nancy:

I do not think so. I have done this to several books and have never had this problem.

Also, if you do use Jaws for Windows, you can go into microsoft word and look at the first page or so of the book. If there are any smartquotes jaws will pronounce them as a circumflex. I notice with these smartquotes that is how Jaws pronounces them. Regular straight quotes it pronounces as just quote.

Kerri
----- Original Message ----- From: "NANCY M HILL" <girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx>