[bksvol-discuss] Re: How do I indicate sidebars

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 15:33:25 -0700 (PDT)

I've been putting them in places where it doesn't seem
to interrupt the flow of the text. When a page ends in
the middle of a sentence, I try to find on that page
the end of a section or paragraph where the sidebar
might fit in unobtrusively. SOmetimes I put them on
the top or bottom of the page. I haven't been
indicating sidebar, though maybe I should have--but
that is a lot of trouble. As you point out, Natalie,
just deal with them is annoying.

A sighted person can read the sidebar info at any
point  they choose, so I feel the actual location
doesn't matter. To me the interruption of a thought or
sentence would be annoying. I'd have to go back to
pick up the train of thought.

Cindy