[bksvol-discuss] Re: Help or giving up on a book

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:25:12 -0400

If you can, I will keep plugging on, or do you want to scan it from the start,
and I will stop, I have the book till the 30th.

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

Pedantry and mastery are opposite attitudes toward rules. To apply a rule to
the letter, rigidly, unquestioningly, in cases where it fits and in cases where
it does not fit, is pedantry... To apply a rule with natural ease, with
judgment, noticing the cases where it fits, and without ever letting the words
of the rule obscure the purpose of the action or the opportunities of the
situation, is mastery. -George Polya, professor of mathematics (1887-1985)